Raging hormones, mood swings, and don’t hug me or kiss me in public all tell you to stay clear of your teenage son. Though it may seem like your teenage son doesn’t need you, but the teenage years your son needs you more than ever. Here are 8 reasons your growing teenage son still needs you!
8 Reasons Your Teenage Son Still Needs You
1. He doesn’t understand his emotions. Those awful mood swings and raging hormones are signs your teenage son still needs you. It’s important to help him deal with his hormonal emotions in a positive way.
2. Puberty tells them they are grown. Your teenage boy’s body is literally telling him he needs to do what adults do. Though they are growing up, your teenage boy needs to know what these feelings mean and how to handle them in an adult way.
3. Sex is everywhere. Ok let’s face it; sex is on TV, in the schools, and everywhere. It’s important to give them the accurate information that they need. You don’t want your teenage son learning about sex from anyone other than you.
4. Teenagers think they are invincible. Teens haven’t had a lot of bad things happen in their life yet, to realize that they aren’t invincible. Things like drinking and driving, parties, and drugs are decisions your teenage son will face. Equip them with knowledge of the consequences of their choices.
5. They care about what people think. That’s right, your teenage son bases a lot of his decisions on what is going to make him look good to other people. Your son needs positive reinforcement to help him make decisions based on logic and confidence in himself rather than what others will think of him.
6. They think the world revolves around them. Teenage boys don’t realize that the world doesn’t owe them anything. They need guidance in understanding that life doesn’t owe them anything, and they need to work for everything they have. Teenage boys need to learn responsibility from their parents through modeling.
7. They don’t realize their problems aren’t permanent. The problems with girls, with friends, and other high school/junior high issues are only temporary problems that they can overcome. Your teenage boy needs to know that they can get through their problems and come out on top in the end.
8. Your teenager needs your advice and guidance. Your teenager’s friends haven’t been through as much of life as you. Though your teenager may want to go to their friends for advice, they still need real life advice and guidance from their parents.
The teenage years can be confusing and really hard as your boys transition into men. Teenage boys need to know that you are there for them to support them through the decisions and questions that come up as they grow.
What other reasons do you think your teenage son still needs you? Share your thoughts in the comments below!