I can’t believe that I have never made Christmas Tree Pancakes before! I love making fun breakfast creations for my boys and these were simple to make!
Christmas Tree Pancakes
I have decided that with just a little bit of effort, fun breakfasts for kids can be created in no time at all. I love some of our other Christmas Breakfast Ideas for Kids and these Christmas Tree Pancakes were even easier to make. My oldest boys are getting to the point that they can help out in the kitchen and that makes things even more fun.
Supplies Needed for Christmas Tree Pancakes:
(Affiliate links included for your convenience.)
- Favorite pancake batter (When I am in a rush I use store-bought. Don’t judge! 🙂 )
- Green Food Coloring (Or check out this Natural Food Coloring )
- M&M’s Christmas Baking Bits
- A small orange
- Sausage links
How To Make Christmas Tree Pancakes
- To make, heat a flat griddle until warm but not too hot. If you heat the pan too hot, the pancakes will brown too quickly and you will lose the color.
- Cook three different sizes of round pancakes, large, medium and small. You can play with the sizes depending on how big you want your Christmas tree.
- Once the pancakes are cooked on both sides, cut them into fourths. This was easy to do with a pizza cutter.
- Layer the pancakes on a plate with the largest piece at the bottom and smallest on the top.
- Slice an orange and then carefully remove the peel so that the slices are still in tact. Arrange 5 portions into a star shape and add to the top of the tree.
- Cook the sausage links and add one for the trunk of the tree.
- Arrange some M&Ms for the ornaments and you are done and ready to serve them to your cute kiddos.
My boys had fun making different variations of our Christmas Tree pancakes. We made more of a forest look by adding snow and a sunshine.
Do you have any Christmas breakfast traditions with your family?
Make sure to check out our list of fun Christmas Breakfast Ideas for Kids: