How to Make a Christmas Snow Globe
My oldest had come home from school the other day and had seen an article in a magazine on how to make your own Christmas snow globes. He’s my crafty boy so we thought we’d give it a try.
What you need:
- A glass jar with a wide mouth and lid that can screw on.
- A hot glue gun
- Plastic figurines or something else that is waterproof. You can even use laminated pictures.
- glitter or fake snow (We used white glitter and it worked great!)
- Water or baby oil (we did one of each and the baby oil is thicker and it will “snow” longer.
The steps are easy:
- Wash and dry the jar and lid completely.
- Use the glue gun to glue your plastic figurines on the inside of the lid. I did a small snow globe on the inside of a baby food jar and used small Christmas buttons.
- Fill the jar with water or baby oil but leave enough room to put the scene inside without overflowing.
- Sprinkle the glitter or fake snow into the jar.
- Put a line of glue on the inside of the lid and screw the lid on tightly.
- Put a line of glue around the outside of the lid to seal it shut.
- Let it dry and then shake it up and “Let it Snow!”
Let it Snow!!
For more Christmas ideas you might want to check out: