Rainbow Fruit Tray
Last year before St Patrick’s Day I shared some fun St Patrick’s Day food including a Rainbow Snack Tray, Shamrock Quesadillas, Shamrock Sugar Cookies and my favorite, Leprechaun Pancakes. This year I decided to go with my sweet tooth once again and share a fun Rainbow Fruit Tray.
My two youngest boys are pretty much obsessed with eating fruit. They prefer to eat fruit over any other food so this is perfect for them. I’ve watched the two of them finish off many cartons of strawberries, bags of grapes and cans of mandarin oranges. This rainbow fruit tray, with marshmallows and Rolo candies would be a hit with any kid.
RAINBOW FRUIT TRAY
3 cups of strawberries, chopped
2 cups of oranges, peeled and separated
1 cup of pineapple chunks (canned or fresh)
1 cup of green grapes
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of purple grapes
1 bag of Rolo chocolate covered caramels
2 cups of mini marshmallows
1. Wash and dry all fresh fruit
2. Prepare fruit – chop strawberries, peel and separate oranges, and pull apart grapes
3. Arrange fruit on a round platter starting with strawberries, then oranges, pineapple, green grapes, blueberries, and purple grapes.
4. Add the mini marshmallows under one side of the fruit rainbow to look like clouds
5. Add the entire bag of Rolo’s into a small bowl under the opposite side of rainbow to look like a pot of gold. I have even seen little black pots at party stores that would make it look even more like a pot of gold.
And there you have a rainbow fruit tray that any leprechaun or little kid would love to eat, complete with the gold at the end of the rainbow.
Do you celebrate St Patrick’s Day? What is your favorite holiday to celebrate?
Check back tomorrow for a Round-up of some of my favorite St Patrick’s Day crafts and recipes for kids that I have found across the web.
What a fun idea! I love making a plain ol’ snack cute and fun! My kids will love this.
Emma @ P is for Preschooler says
My little fruit-lover would love this snack (and, yes, so would I! lol!)
Melissa French, The More With Less Mom says
Hello from Full Plate Thursday! We always do a rainbow of fruit for St Patrick’s Day. 🙂
Cindy @ Hun... What's for Dinner? says
This is such a cute and fun way to serve fruit for St.Patrick’s Day! I’d love for you to come share over at Simple Supper Tuesday 🙂
This is so simple and yet SO CUTE!!! would be a fun treat for any time of the year! Thanks so much for sharing at the Weekend Wind-Down party. I will pin this and have shared it on my FB page as well! 🙂 Please link back to us so that you can be featured on our blogs!