Camping can be a blast but it has its drawbacks such as…no pizza. There are ways of getting your pizza fix while camping. Of course, you could always bring some with you but where’s the fun in that? We have the perfect campfire pizza cone recipe to fix your pizza cravings without killing the camping vibe.
Campfire Pizza Cone Recipe
I love trying out new recipes when we are camping or even just around the fire pit in the backyard. These campfire pizza cones turned out so yummy. Plus, you can definitely switch up the ingredients to use your very favorite pizza toppings.
How to Make Campfire Pizza Cones
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Cheese
Supplies You Will Need:
- Tin Foil
- Scissors (optional)
- Take your tortilla and wrap it into a cone shape. Make sure there is no hole in the bottom of the cone. Once wrapped, place a toothpick in it to hold it in place.
- Trim excess tortilla with scissors or any cutting utensil you have on hand.
- In the bottom of your cone, place one or two slices of pepperoni. This will help seal it even further.
- Put a layer of shredded cheese. We used mild cheddar but mozzarella would be good too.
- Put your sauce on top of the cheese and spread it around the cone if desired.
- Put a layer of pepperoni on top of the cheese and sauce.
- Put another small layer of cheese to seal all the ingredients in.
- Wrap your cone in tinfoil take care not to smash in the top too far.
- Place in the fire sitting upright if possible. Cook 5-7 minutes depending on the heat of your fire.
- Unwrap and enjoy!
These campfire pizza cones were so yummy!
What is your favorite food to make while camping?
Also check out these post that will make your next camping trip unforgettable!