Jack ‘O Lantern Craft
When my oldest boys were younger I spent a lot of time crafting and creating with them. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty because my youngest son doesn’t always get the same attention. Life with older kids is very busy but I still try to take the time to do a fun craft or food with my boys for each holiday. This Mason jar Jack ‘O Lantern Craft was easy to make and now we can enjoy it as a part of our Halloween decor.
How to Make a Jack ‘O Lantern Mason Jar Craft
There are a few inexpensive supplies that you need for this craft and some of these may be already hiding out in the drawers of your house.
Post contains affiliate links
- Mason Jar – Any size or shape will work
- Orange tissue paper
- Black Construction Paper
- Glue stick
- Battery Operated Tea Light
- Using scissors, cut up a sheet of orange tissue paper into small pieces.
- With a glue stick, glue the tissue pieces all over the Mason jar.
- Cut out 2 small triangles for the jack o lantern eyes and a medium triangle shape for the nose from the sheet of black paper. Also, cut out your preferred shape for a mouth.
- Apply the glue to the back of the eyes, nose and mouth and attach to the Mason jar. Press firmly.
- Add a battery operated tea light and ENJOY!!
So easy to make! You could even get creative and use different colors of tissue paper to make different Halloween designs.
I hope your kids love this Jack ‘O Lantern Craft!