Those who know my boys know that a couple of my boys were obsessed with stuffed puppies when they were little. They like real dogs from a distance but they LOVED the stuffed variety. This has led us to many Puppy-inspired food creations such as these Easy Puppy Cupcakes or “Pupcakes” that my youngest insisted on for his birthday. (I was happy to oblige. How cute are these!?!)
Easy Puppy Cupcakes
These puppy inspired cupcakes really are easy to make and you don’t need a lot of supplies to make them. Let your kids get involved in the process. They will love seeing how their “Pupcake” turns out.
Post contains affiliate links
Supplies Needed to Make Easy Puppy Cupcakes
- Cake mix or favorite cake batter
- Black M&Ms
- Black decorator icing
- White frosting
- Cake Decorator Set or Dessert Decorator (I LOVE mine!)
- Starburts candies
- Oreo cookies
- Junior Mint candy
- Red Polka Dot Cupcake liners (Optional but I loved them and thought they added a lot to the cupcakes!)
Get everything you need here:
Black Milk Chocolate M&M’s Candy (1 Pound Bag)Wilton Black Icing TubeWilton 2104-1367 20-Piece Buttercream Basics Decorating SetWilton 415-850 Dessert Decorator ProFox Run Red Polka Dot Bake Cups, 50 Bake Cups
How to Make Puppy Cupcakes
Making these puppy cupcakes is very easy to do. We made them for my son’s birthday treat for preschool and the kids loved them. Get your entire family involved and create unique dalmation puppies. These would be a lot of fun for a puppy birthday party.
- Mix up your cake mix or cupcake recipe according to directions and divide into cupcake liners. Bake and let cool completely.
- Frost the cupcakes with white frosting and add an extra dab of frosting for the snout.
- Add two M&Ms for the eyes and half of a Junior Mint into the snout for the nose.
- Cut a Starburst and mold into the shape of the tongue. Add below the snout.
- Break an Oreo in half and use for the ears.
- Add spots with your black frosting and your puppy cupcakes are complete! See, it was easy.
These Easy Puppy Cupcakes were Paws-itively yummy!
And make sure to bake a Puppy Birthday Cake to go with the cupcakes. So fun!
If you liked these puppy cupcakes, you will love: