Do you ever find yourself in need of a last minute treat? If you love Rice Krispie treats, you will love these easy Fruity Rainbow Crispy Treats. These are a fun spin on traditional Rice Krispie treats but are just as simple to make and your kids will love them!
These Fruity Rainbow Crispy Treats make a fun everyday treat, but they are also really fun to make for St Patrick’s Day. My kids love that they can help out in the kitchen as well, since these are so simple to make. You should also check out our Chocolate Marshmallow Crispy Treats. Both are yummy and simple to make!
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 5 1/2 C miniature marshmallows (I actually tried using a bag of large marshmallows since that was what I had on hand and the results were DISASTROUS and I had to throw the entire goopy, globby mess in the trash. I microwaved them and they just kept getting bigger and bigger and I was afraid they would explode. You have been warned ! Ha!)
- 6 C Fruity Pebbles or any generic brand
Melt the butter in a large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 45 seconds. Add marshmallows and toss to coat with butter. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes more, stirring every 45 sec until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is blended well. (Be careful removing the mixture from the microwave because it will be hot! I have bad memories of dropping a bowl of hot marshmallow/butter mixture down my leg when I was a tween. I still have a scar from the burns. OUCH!)
Add the cereal and mix well. Press the mixture into a greased 9X13 pan and cool completely.
Fruity Rainbow Crispy Treat Printable Recipe:
Fruity Rainbow Crispy Treat
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 5 1/2 C Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 C Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Microwave butter in a large microwavable bowl for 45 seconds on high until melted.
- Add the marshmallows and toss to coat.
- Microwave 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 45 seconds, until marshmallows are completely melted and the mixture is blended well.
- Add cereal and mix well. Press into a greased 9X13 pan and cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
Do you have a go-to easy treat recipe?
If you love these Fruity Rainbow Crispy Treats, check out these other yummy recipes: