Take a break from Smores and try these Campfire Cinnamon Twists for your next camping dessert.
Campfire Cinnamon Twists
There are few things that my boys love more than camping! They would live outside if it wasn’t for mosquitos. And even if we aren’t able to head out on a camping trip, they will beg to build a fire. One of my favorite things about camping is the food. And if you are looking for a yummy camping dessert, these Campfire Cinnamon Twists are bound to be a huge hit!
How to Make Campfire Cinnamon Twists
These are so simple to make and your kids can help put them together.
- 1 Can of Crescents
- Wooden Kabob Sticks (Make sure you get some that are long enough for a campfire. These ones are perfect!) Or you can use some long Hot Dog roasting sticks like these.
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Open your crescents and separate them and lay them out flat.
- Spread butter over the surface of each one.
- Sprinkle the surface of each crescent with a generous amount of cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll each one up like a “snake” so you have one long line of dough for each crescent.
- Take a kabob stick, and beginning halfway down the stick, start wrapping a single crescent around the stick until you reach the end. It should do a good job of holding on without any special treatment.
- Either hold over the fire if your stick is long enough or lay on a grate for about 8-10 minutes.
- If desired, to make the light icing on the top, mix together a half cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Drizzle this mixture over the finished cinnamon twists.
- Enjoy!! These are so delicious!
I hope your family enjoys these Camping cinnamon twists! What is your favorite camping recipe?
Check out more camping recipes below: