‘Tis the season for camping and fires. Of course, campfires go great all year round but there’s just something wonderful about gathering around a fire at the end of a long summer day and relaxing that takes the cake. Plus, it’s super fun to cook over a fire. This campfire cones recipe is super easy and delicious! You can make them out of just about any of your favorite sweet ingredients.
Campfire Cones Recipe
One of the best things about camping is cooking yummy treats over the campfire. This campfire cones recipe is our family favorite and the best thing is, you can customize it however you want.
Campfire Cones Recipe Ingredients
- Sugar Ice Cream Cones or waffle cones
- Aluminum Foil
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut butter or Nutella (optional but oh so good!)
- Your Favorite Treats: (We used Oreo cookies, Andy’s Mints, Cookie Dough Bites, Caramel Cremes and Wafer Cookies)
- Favorite Fruits (Optional but strawberries and bananas are yummy!)
How to Make Campfire Cones
- Begin by dropping a few chocolate chips (or whatever chocolate you have) into the bottom of the sugar cone. You could also spread peanut butter or Nutella around the inside of your cone.
- Put a layer of marshmallows on top of the chocolate.
- Then start stuffing your favorite treats or fruit in the cone.
- Wrap the entire cone in aluminum foil.
- Place around the fire on the hot coal for about 3-5 minutes (Don’t place directly into the fire and try to sit it upright if possible).
- Rotate your cone half-way through the cooking to make sure the ingredients are all melted evenly.When unwrapping the cone, the items such as the marshmallows and the chocolate may have retained their shape. Don’t let if fool you, it’s probably melted! If not, just put it back in the fire for a few more minutes.
- Enjoy all of the sticky goodness!
What is your favorite campfire treat?
If you are looking for more recipes like this Campfire Cones Recipe, check out: