Fall is in the air (at least it’s trying to show up here in the desert!) and our Halloween decorations are going up. Last year we made some spooky Eyeball donuts and eyeball cake balls for Halloween but this year these Vampire cookies are on our list!
How to make Vampire Cookies
This recipe will make 1 dozen vampire Oreos:
- Oreo cookie mold
- 12 Oreo Cookies (We used the Halloween Oreos.)
- 1 Tablespoon solid shortening
- 1 1/2 cups Wilton bright white chocolate candy melts
- Black decorator icing gel
- Red decorator icing gel
- White decorator icing gel
1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler, melt the solid shortening. Add the white chocolate melts and stir occasionally until melted. Once melted, you might find it easier to transfer the melted chocolate into a smaller bowl to make it easier to handle.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate to each mold.
4. Place an Oreo cookie in each mold, on top of the melted chocolate.
5. Spoon additional chocolate on top of each cookie, until they are covered completely.
6. Chill for one hour.
7. Once chilled, pop the cookies out of their mold and place on the baking sheet.
8. With the black icing gel, pipe black hair at the top of each cookie.