One of our very favorite things about summer is being able to cook outside over the fire. This Campfire Chicken Parmesan recipe is a yummy spin on traditional tin foil dinners. It’s so tasty and my kids just can’t get enough of it. It’s easy to whip these up and place them on the campfire for the whole family to enjoy.
How to Make Campfire Chicken Parmesan
Long summer days are the perfect time to gather around the firepit in the backyard and cook some yummy food. Or head to the mountains to cool off, enjoy some fresh air and spend time gathering with friends and family around the fire.
We have several favorite camping recipes including:
And this post of 25+ camping recipes is our favorite! We are slowly working our way down the list. My oldest boys have been learning to cook over a campfire so we are loving that there are so many yummy and easy camping recipes.
Now we’re adding Campfire Chicken Parmesan to the list of favorites!
Make Campfire Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Breast, Boneless Skinless
- Marinara Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parsley Flakes (optional)
- Garlic Powder (optional)
- Aluminun Foil
- Cut chicken nearly in half the long way. You’ll want to cut your chicken in half. You can see how it’s thin, but not too thin. This is so it doesn’t take forever to cook on the campfire.
- Lay it out on a large piece of tin foil.
- If desired, coat in parsley flakes and garlic powder.
- Top with a nice helping of marinara sauce and additional spices if desired.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella.
- Fold in half and wrap up tin foil around it.
- Place in hot coals for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Take a look at the completed Campfire Chicken Parmesan. You’re whole family is going to love it, I promise. This is a fun twist to a regular tin foil dinner and can be customized in many different ways. You could even throw in some vegetables or potatoes.
I can’t wait to make this again with my family. We love this recipe and are working our way through this list of 25 Quick and Easy Camping Recipes. We haven’t decided which one is our very favorite yet.
If you love to camp, but don’t love the stress of camping with kids, our Camping Made Easy printable pack is the perfect solution! It is full of everything you need to make camping fun and stress-free including packing lists, camping menu, games and activities, camping crafts, campfire songs and so much more!
And always be prepared with plenty of entertainment for your kids for when the novelty of sleeping outside wears off and they start to get bored.
Some of our favorite ways to entertain kids while camping include:
- Camping Charades
- Eye-Spy Nature Scavenger hunt
- Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder
- 15 Camping Games and Activities
Hope you love the Campfire Chicken Parmesan!
Do you have a favorite campfire recipe to share? I’d love to hear from you!